September is officially Childhood Cancer Awareness month. September 12th is Pediatric Cancer Awareness Day. Show your support for finding a cure by putting this badge on your blog, facebook profile, or twitter account. Just right click, save to your desktop and than paste it where you want.
Here are some sobering facts about childhood cancer:
- Childhood cancers are the #1 disease killer of our children, more than asthma, cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and pediatric AIDS combined.
-One in every 330 children will develop cancer before the age of 19.
- One out of every five children diagnosed with cancer dies.
- Three out of every five children diagnosed with cancer suffer from long-term or late onset side effects
- Cancer in childhood occurs regularly, randomly, and spares no ethnic group, socioeconomic class, or geographic region.
- On the average, 12,500 children and adolescents in the U.S. are diagnosed with cancer each year.
- In the US about 46 children and adolescents are diagnosed with cancer every single school day.
- 2,300 children and teenagers will die each year from cancer
- Less than 3% of all cancer funding is directed at the twelve major types of childhood cancer.
- Wear gold, spread the word and show them you care
- Together you can help to find a cure TODAY
In memory of Tuesday Fiona Whitt